Hawaii

Hawaii

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bike trip

Hello everyone! Today marks day two of my fall break. I decided not to make the trip home for this break, due to my frequent travels home this semester thus far. It's a long drive for just a weekend. So instead I'm staying here just laying low for a weekend. So far it's been an amazing break.

Yesterday I woke and got the urge to go for a bike ride. But not just a bike ride. A 10 mile long bike ride! It was a lot of fun. The path took me to a town 5 miles down the road. The town is situated on the same river, and the entire area is in full fall bloom. For the path back I took a small county route, which took me down a few amazing hills.

A smile was plastered on my face each time I was racing downhill. Of course that smile faded a little when I would have to walk my bike near the top of the other hill...

The entire trip was a blessing. Just as I turned back onto the main drag into town I got a sharp pain in my knee. Thank goodness I was really close to town so if it had continued to bother me I could've just walked my bike. Couldn't walk into any of the main stores though... covered in grease and sweat. Pleasant.

The pictures below are from my trip. Enjoy!

No comments: