My apologies for not posting stories on my most recent trips. It's been a busy few weeks. In any case...
Oh Canada:
A few weekends ago I traveled to Prescott, Canada to house-sit/visit with a friend. It was a great weekend, you should see some pictures below.
I wish it was legal to stop a car on the bridge so I could take a picture looking down the span, but the customs officers gave me a hard enough time. I know, I know... I just appear to be such a trouble maker (no comments from the peanut gallery, if you please).
Anyway, I had a great time. It was nice to be able to go for a hike in a small town, and walk along the St. Lawrence Seaway for a bit. I have to admit it was cold, so the walk was very short.
Hiking
The following weekend I went on a hike along Stone Valley. It's a 4 mile hike (I believe) along the river. Weaving in and out of the woods, and up and down hills it was a great hike. The trail starts at the power plant/dam in one town, and follows the river downstream.
From the pictures you can see the water was rampant, and there were signs everywhere telling people to stay away from the river, as it rose without warning. It was a gorgeous walk.
Alright, I have more stories, but I'll post more pictures, and then tell the accompanying stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment