Hawaii

Hawaii

Friday, May 14, 2010

Adventures Old and New

I spent 3.5 weeks in Hawaii this past winter and had an amazing time adventuring through the Big Island, mostly Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. I learned to hula, play the baritone ukulele, and the history, stories, and geology of the Big Island. It was an amazing time, and I'll post pictures of my adventures soon. And hopefully some stories! Nearly every day I hiked from the house I was staying at to the park, equipped with water, my backpack, and ukulele. Most days I'd hang out at the visitors center, jamming on my ukulele with some of the volunteers, answering questions (I guess visitors thought I worked there), and enjoying the sun. Some days I'd borrow a car and head into the park to do some hiking or adventuring. It's a beautiful park with some incredible stories! I absolutely loved my time there.

After having such an amazing time last year in the canyon I've decided to return to my park ranger uniform and spend another season in the park. I'll be there in about 10 days, and I am thoroughly excited!! I'll have more stories about my adventures as well as pictures as soon as I get going there.

No comments: