Today on a whim I decided to go for a hike. Jumping in my long johns (it's cold here), and grabbing my camera I went over to a local park. Yesterday due to unseasonably warm weather the majority of our snow melted. Apparently in the park the snow melted a little bit, slid toward the water (where the path runs) and refroze. Almost the entire path was ice covered by a half inch of snow.
The hike isn't very long, maybe 45 minutes total, and travels upstream along the river. The river is frozen, except for a few places where the sun hits consistently enough to thaw the ice. I tried to capture a few images of the ice. In places where it has been pushed up you can see the depth of the ice, a good 8 inches thick.
Though the walk wasn't long, I was frozen through when I made it back. It's the kind of cold that makes your eyes water, your nose run, and your cheek bones hurt (the only part really exposed the elements). A great walk, though not nearly long enough. The photos are mostly white due to the fact everything up here is snow and ice. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment