Good afternoon (by the time this posts) all. Today's blog is coming to you from a small cafe in town. I decided to get out of the office for a little bit, and get a little lunch. A delicious BBQ Chicken wrap is my treat for today. I had to pause to eat it. Quite good, though the bbq sauce wasn't as delicious as the stuff we had at the graduation party.
Yesterday after I drove out to the campsite I made some delicious chili for dinner, which I had with Tostitos hint of lime chips. I love those things. Anyway, then I hopped on my bike and rode on up to the registration booth to hang out with Hannah again. We had a blast, making pictures, mumbling, and unloading wood. It is just wholly heart-warming to meet someone new, and be able to just laugh and relate. At just about 9pm (or because mom will make fun of me, 21h) I decided I should probably bike home, as it was dark. The bike ride home was extremely interesting. Much like being on a roller coaster, in the dark. I kept my eyes open wide, and looked up towards the sky a little more trying to allow the light to enter my pupils indirectly, giving me a better view of the road. (At the time I was biking with my eyes wide open all I could think about was a scene from Get Smart when Max is told to use his peripherals, and instead just opens his eyes bigger. In that case it doesn't work, in my case it did.) The trip back to camp is all downhill, so my main worry was potholes, and animals. It was amazing. When I didn't look directly at the road I could see so much more, the trees, and quite a few stars already shining in the azure sky. At one point I noticed a bright light poking through the trees, orange in color. Looking I saw the moon, just past full, rising over the horizon. It was an amazing site. It was most difficult when oncoming traffic came up, temporarily blinding me. It took a few seconds after their departure before I was able to see the road again, so I road as best I could.
Back at the campsite I curled up with Eragon, and read another third. My mind was vivid with images of dragons flying, sapphire wings, and deep purple eyes. While walking to the bathroom I noticed something moving by the door. It was a deer, at 11pm (23h) eating away. I whistled to get it's attention, and it frightened and dashed off. When I left the bathroom I saw it's reflective orbs glowing through the brush. An amazing occurrence!
This morning I woke early to a low rumbling. I still haven't figured out what it was, but it was definitely less pleasant than my bird chorus. In any case, I faded in and out of sleep, until nearly 7am. A beautiful start to another picturesque day.
There will be an addition to yesterday's post, as I forgot the quote of the day! Our quote today was given to me by my uncle Ric, and I think it's a wonderful quote: "The task of the artist is to sense more keenly than others the harmony of the world, the beauty and outrage of what man has done to it, and poignantly to let people know... art warms even an icy and depressed heart, opening it to lofty personal experience. By means of art we are sometimes sent revelations unattainable by reason." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
No comments:
Post a Comment